Last week I built some (a lot of) computers from garbage for good guy Nick Macdowell. He runs a Computer shop and actually provides pretty good service.
Then we had an idea to customize the OEM info and Desktop Wallpapers to advertise the shop.
OK, I know, normal people do it BEFORE the system installation. There’s the $OEM$ folder for this. But, we’re not talking about normal people here. I do it hard way.
So, I created a script to make the process a little easier, than making changes by my hands.
What it does:
- adds OEM info (manufacturer, computer model, website, phone, logo) to Windows Control Panel / System tab
- changes logon background
- changes desktop background
How to use:
- copy script folder to the computer, open it, and run “RUNME.bat” (don’t run from Network location, because of missing images copying)
- you will need to restart computer to apply settings
How to change info and images to yours:
- open “reg_vista_Win7.reg” and “oeminfo.ini” in Notepad and type your OEM information
- replace “oemlogo.bmp”, “Background.bmp”, “backgroundDefault.jpg” with your files (make sure “backgroundDefault.jpg” is not larger than 256KB)
OS version supported:
- Windows 2000
- Windows XP
- Windows 2003
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
- All rights reserved to Oregon Ground Squirrels